Conditions Of Carriage & Terms Of Business
Go Couriers (Kent) Ltd
1. GO COURIERS accepts consignments for transportation on the understanding that the service is provided for despatch of consignment, which is not classified as dangerous or illegal for carriage by motorcycle or vans.
2. Where consignments are prohibited by size, weight, danger or illegality for transportation by motorcycle and our van couriers service is used the same conditions shall apply.
3. Transportation shall commence when the consignment is handed to the GO COURIERS appointed couriers whether at the point of collection or at GO COURIERS premises.
4. Transit shall end when the consignment is tendered at the place of delivery by GO COURIERS or its nominated by a sub contractor and it is the responsibility of the consignor to make appropriate arrangements for the receipt of the consignment by the consignee.
5. No liability is accepted for the late arrival of consignments no matter how delay may be caused.
6. GO COURIERS shall, if so required, sign a document prepared by the sender acknowledging receipt of the consignment but no such document shall be evidence of the condition or of the correctness of the declared nature, quantity or weight of the consignment at the time that it is received by GO COURIERS.
7. Subject to those conditions the liability of GO COURIERS in respect of any one same day despatch consignment shall be limited by insurance cover £25,000 for van or car dispatch. In respect of any United Kingdom or International overnight parcel consignment the insurance limit shall be £15 per kilo up to a maximum £15,000 when Enhanced Liability is arranged for loss or damage of the whole consignment providing always that the consignment is properly and adequately packed. European despatches by road, all consignments are carried under the convention on the contract for the international carriage of goods by road (CMR) conditions. In the event of any dispute the decision of the insurance company providing such insurance cover to GO COURIERS will be final. All insurance claims to be made within 7 days of the date of delivery.
8. In respect of carriage of wine, spirits and tobacco insurance cover is restricted to £1,000 per consignment. Where required additional insurance is available upon request exclusions are applicable.
9. Value for insurance purposes must be declared by the consignor prior to despatch.
10. No liability is accepted for any consignment that includes (a) bullion money securities stamps negotiable documents jewellery watches gold platinum and silver articles precious stones and furs (b) non ferrous metals other than in component form (c) livestock (d) Data carrying computer disks and tapes except for the value as unused disks and tapes (d) Non-negotiable documents except for the value as unused stationery together with the cost of clerical labour expended in writing.
11. No liability is accepted for indirect or consequential loss in respect of any consignments.
12. No liability is accepted for the loss, damage or destruction to any other property whatsoever arising from any consequence of war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power, riot, civil commotion, strikes, lockouts, labour disturbances or confiscation, requisition, destruction or damage by order of any Government or public or local Authority.
13. Terms of trading are that invoices will be submitted to accounts customers on a weekly basis for settlement not later than 14 days following date of invoice and for non-account customer's payments to be return of post.
14. GO COURIERS reserves the right to add interest to overdue accounts at the rate of 1.5% per month when and if it is deemed necessary so to do.
15. GO COURIERS reserves the right to amend, alter or change any of the foregoing conditions and terms by publishing such conditions in its offices where conditions of carriage and terms of business are available on request.